Lime is a building material that is used in many construction works. Carbide lime comes under specified class of building material. When acetylene is manufactured, a by-product is developed called carbide lime while is used for special plaster works. It is only used in fresh conditions. Semi-solid form of this material has no use, as it dries up quickly. Lime Paste containing clay more than 30% is poor lime. It has many advantages, such as:
- Its setting requires absorption of carbon dioxide from air, rather reaction with water.
- It has a slow setting process.
- Their breathability helps in controlling the moisture.
- Lime Paste doesn’t requires addition of water for making a mortar.
- It has a long shelf life.
No. 407, 4th Floor, D-Mall, Netaji Subhash Place, Delhi, Delhi, 110034, India