The most traditional method to paint walls is Lime Wash. It not only creates a color base on the wall, but allows masonry to breathe. One can see the lime wash colors in the walls of Historic Buildings. It was applied both, internally and externally, directly to the masonry or brickwork. Apart from decorative coating, it gives a protective layer to the masonry substrate. This breathable coating allows moisture and water vapour evaporation. This can also be used as a repairing material, filling the small cracks on the lime coverings. It can also be mixed with other aggregates for making shelter coats. Water is added to the Lime wash till it achieves a milky consistency.
- It is considered environment friendly because it absorbs carbon dioxide(CO2) from the air
- It is economical and gives better coverage
- It is natural and free from solvent
- It absorbs odors
- It imbibes natural anti-bacterial properties
- It has high vapour permeability
No. 407, 4th Floor, D-Mall, Netaji Subhash Place, Delhi, Delhi, 110034, India